A career option is the banking sector is one which is the most sought after in the country today. Aspirants looking for a job in the Banking Industry and getting recruited in the Central Bank of the country is the most desired.
The Reserve Bank of India conducts recruitment for two major posts. These include:
- RBI Grade B Officer
- RBI Assistant
The official notification to recruit Assistants in RBI was released on December 23, 2019, and a total of 926 vacancies were released. Candidates who missed the opportunity to apply for the last recruitment can refer to the detailed recruitment procedure discussed below for the upcoming exam.
The notification released by the conducting body mentions details regarding the important dates, the selection process, eligibility criteria, and other recruitment-related details.
RBI Assistant Exam – Recruitment Procedure
Given below is the step by step procedure for recruiting the candidates at the post of Assistant in the Reserve Bank of India:
- Official Notification Release – The recruitment starts with the release of official notification which mentions all the important dates, selection process, exam pattern, application procedure, etc. Interested candidates can check the eligibility criteria and apply online for the post
- Online Registration – Those who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply online on the official RBI website. Candidates need to fill in their personal information, contact details, educational qualifications, scanned copy of photograph and signature and other relevant fields as asked in the application form. Once a candidate fills in all the required field, uploads the documents and pays the application fee, the registration process is complete
- RBI Assistant Admit Card – Since the exam is conducted in two phases, the candidates who qualify the Prelims exam are called in for the Mains exam. So, a separate admit card is released for each phase of the examination and entry to exam venue is only allowed to the candidates carrying the admit card and a photo identity proof along with them
It is important for the applicants to know that if any kind of an error is found in the admit card, the candidate may be denied entry at the exam venue. Furthermore, to know the instructions which need to be followed at the exam centre, elements of the hall ticket and other important things, visit the RBI Assistant Admit Card page.
- Conducting the Examination – The Prelims Examination is only qualifying in nature and the final merit list of the candidates is based on the marks scored by them in the Mains examination. The paper is set by the conducting body keeping in mind that a standard level of exam is followed
- Result Declaration – After the exam is conducted the result and cut off for the same are released. There is a sectional and overall cut off released in both prelims and mains examination and only the candidates who qualify both are shortlisted for the next stage
- Final Allotment – After all the above-mentioned steps of the recruitment are completed, the last part is the final allotment of candidates to the various branches across the country
Aspirants can learn more about the minimum qualifying marks, result status, and other important aspects of the Assistant post result at the RBI Assistant Result page.
Thus, the candidates who are looking forward to appearing for the upcoming recruitment procedure may carefully go through the information given above and start their preparation accordingly.